Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Live Event Paintings



This was painted for a corporate VIP audience at a wine tasting party at the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego. I had exactly two hours to accomplish an ocean scene (looking at the ocean scene from where I was positioned on the hotel balcony). The painting was gifted via raffle to one of the attendees.






This was painted at an ISES (International Special Events Society) Los Angeles chapter mixer at the Ambassador West in Pasadena. The caterer for the event purchased the canvas for his office.






My second trip to New Jersey produced this painting from a wedding reception held at the beautiful Rockleigh Country Club. All the people depicted are important family members and close friends. All twenty-nine!







This was a wedding celebration with traditional Korean costumes. I loved the brightly dressed women and the colbalt- blue gown the bride wore for the first dance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your wedding portraits are beautiful!! What a wonderful way to commemorate the day. I couldn't imagine painting with all of that action going on around me and having to capture so much detail-Remarkable!

Cindy

Karen Wall Garrison said...

Thank you so much Cindy!! I do alot of praying before, during and after I paint at these events!