Monday, February 25, 2008

Iris Chair, Wheatfields With Crows and Second Self-Portrait




My "Iris Chair" is finished and hanging on the studio wall along with the "Wheatfields With Crows." Here are some detail photos to see the brushstrokes. I really study Vincent's paintings and try to emulate his style. Although, when viewing the 10-year span of van Gogh's work-- you can see a number of different styles he experimented with, and the different artists he studied and styles he attempted to emulate.



"Iris Chair" oil on canvas, 20" x 16"

I really like this painting, and not sure I'm going to sell it.



"Iris Chair" detail



"Iris Chair" detail



"Iris Chair" detail



"Iris Chair" detail




"kwg Wheatfields With Crows after van Gogh" detail


"kwg Wheatfields With Crows after van Gogh" detail


And here is the second in the series I am doing, based on Vincent's self-portraits, each in a very different style. This one really pushes the dark-light contrasts, also painted in very thick, quick impasto strokes.

That is the bed on the left and piled-up laundry on the right. Could have something to do with the look on my face!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You show definite talent; nice artworks. I hope your blog is boosting sales.