Sunday, May 3, 2009

Backyard Wedding in Anaheim




I recently did a live event painting at a wedding reception held in a lovely backyard in Anaheim, California.



I was commissioned by this family (that's my sister on the far right, two of her sisters-in-law, her husband in the middle, and her two daughters on the far left). The painting was a surprise gift for the bride and the groom, who is my sister's nephew.

You can see them pictured in the painting, along with other people who are important to the bride and groom.

Here is the beautiful couple during their wedding dance.



This detail shows the couple surrounded by the wedding party, family and friends.

And here I am with the happy groom-- the recipiant of the surprise gift. This was a family home. The groom grew up playing in the yard and was very happy I included key details (the fountain, the big tree, the butterfly, etc.). I don't plan these things, I just let go and trust my instincts. Of course, I'm always happy to have people point things out to me, too!

No comments: