Thursday, October 16, 2008

Two Weddings in One Weekend!



Last weekend I had the distinct pleasure of painting at the Ritz Carlton in Dana Point-- a lovely sunset wedding on the cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean.


Here is the view when I arrived approx. two hours before the start of the ceremony and began painting the scenery, which would serve as the background of the painting.

The sun was setting as the couple exchanged their vows.

You could see the outline of Catalina with the sun going down behind the island, and the sky turning a golden-pink color. It was a spectacular setting for a wedding!
I continued painting during the reception, putting finishing touches on the painting. Then I picked up my daughter, and her eight girlfriends who were spending the night, after an evening at "Knott's Scary Farm."
I packed my easel, paint palette, brushes, and a change of clothes and left for the airport in the dark hours of the morning. I flew into JFK Airport in New York and landed about 3:30pm Eastern Standard Time.

I rented a car and drove into New Jersey, heading for a suburb called River Vale, where I was booked to paint at a wedding scheduled to start at 7pm. I arrived at the Florentine Gardens Estate by 5:00, and set up for my second wedding in two days!






The groom hired me to paint a surprise gift for his bride. He wanted me to paint them on the dance floor, and capture grandparents, parents and several members of the bridal party.



The bride and groom were very pleased and their guests enjoyed watching me paint!

The following day, I drove into NY City to see a special van Gogh exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art. Being that it was Columbus Day-- I drove smack into the Columbus Day Parade, going through the middle of Manhattan. I made it to see the van Gogh paintings, shopped a little in the museum store, drove back to JFK and got on my plane for home.
If I can spend the rest of my life painting at such happy occasions as weddings, and travel to exciting new places (and return to places I love like NYC and New Jersey)-- I will be a very happy camper!





































No comments: