Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lake Havasu Sketches



I managed to get away for a few days this summer and went to Black Meadow Landing at Lake Havasu to enjoy the beauty (and the heat!). These are my favorite sketches from the trip.



The paper is "crinkly" because I used watercolor pencil. The paper in my sketchbook is not really heavy enough for water. Oh, well.



This is a watercolor sketch that somehow didn't wrinkle the paper. I really like the simplicity of this one.




This is typical of my doodles, which always seem to have these cosmic spiral designs. Don't know where it comes from, but it's fun to just let go and draw.




The storm clouds were rolling in, which inspired the next "doodle":




We had the most glorious desert storm, with an incredible lightning display! Needless to say, I was stuck there until the following day, due to flash flooding.






















No comments: