Monday, April 21, 2008

Still Doing Design



Although the majority of my work is painting, I still maintain one graphic design client, Long Beach Transit-- a mutually rewarding relationship since 1984. Occasionally I will take on other design assignments. Recently a friend from high school approached me to design a CD package for a collection of songs he wrote and recorded.
Jeffry Leland Johnson is a police commander with the LBPD. He has a beautiful voice and has written an eclectic collection of songs. The title song, "I'm An American" was written in response to the 911 aftermath. The CD includes 13 original songs and provide a wide variety of styles and sounds, ranging from blues to rock, from easy listening to a country flavor.

I had the honor of designing the CD package, tray insert and song booklet. I used a number of photos I took last summer when I was obsessed with American flags. Who knew they would end up decorating Jeff's proud project?



And on Sunday this article appeared in the Long Beach Press Telegram:


Jeff is generously donating the proceeds to two non-profits; the Long Beach Bar Foundation, Shortstop Program for at-risk youth, and the Long Beach Police Officers Association, Widows and Orphans Fund. The purchase is tax deductible.
I highly recommend this CD for anyone in the police, fire dept., public service or the military-- or anyone who loves this country!
CDs can be purchased online at:
www.lbpoa.org (online store)
by calling the Long Beach Police Officers Assn. at 562-426-1201
or the LB Bar Foundation at 562-981-7525.

No comments: