Saturday, April 5, 2008

KWG's Gogh-Van



As much as I loved my classic 1986 VW "Scooby Doo" Vanagon-- it was time for an upgrade. I found a newer model-- the VW Eurovan which is ideally suited for my business and lifestyle. Not to mention highly visable! I love the color turquoise, and these days the roads are full of white, silver and black vehicles.... but not much color.




I designed window graphics to advertise my custom fine art services. My friend Albert (who also happens to be an incredible blues musician) owns the Sign-A-Rama shop on 7th Street in Long Beach, and he printed my graphics onto special window film.




It is the same stuff buses use. On the outside there is lovely advertisement. From the inside you can see through the window just like regular window tint. They did a great job, don't you think?





First journey out last night, I received a call on my cell phone. "Hi. I'm driving behind this van that says Artist for Hire... Can you tell me about your live event painting?"

I'm not kidding!!





I selected the paintings mostly because they are among my favorites, or in the case of the horse-- ones I thought would generate more orders of the same (pet portraits are easier than people).

As for the rear-view mirror trinkets-- I've streamlined. I'm allowing myself only one.

Gotta maintain a professional image!






Matches nicely, I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I was beginning to think I was the ONLY person driving around with an ad on my personal vehicle (ThePrimeSpotmobile).

Welcome to the club of Shameless Self-promotion ;)

Someone's got to do it!

KaRi
TPSradio.org

GO Van Go Garrison!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely the most creative, beautiful artistry on any Gogh Van I've every seen!!

Well done KWG, well done!